Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: The Body Shop

I have tried a good amount of products from The Body Shop and will be sharing my reviews and thoughts on them :)

1. Mango Body Butter

SCENT: This is by far the best smelling body moisturizer I have ever came across!! Its scent is not comprised of the typical mango scent that usually has sour and way-too-fruity notes. Instead, it has just the right amount of sweet, freshness, fruitiness, and mango-ness.

TEXTURE: Unlike the other body butters from The Body Shop, this one has a soft texture and is not as hard to massage onto the skin.

USAGE: It moisturizers my skin very well and does not leave a residue. Although it can be used all year round, I recommend this body butter especially for the fall and winter time.

RATING: 5 Stars :)

** I love this body butter so much that I purchased the jumbo sized one for myself and a regular sized one to give as a gift! **

2. Shea Body Butter 

SCENT: The shea scent is very light and does not smell artificial like other shea butter or shea infused moisturizers tend to do. It is quite comforting and relaxing to smell it!

TEXTURE: The consistency is on the thicker side. If you try to move it on the container, it will not budge! However, when you dip your fingers into the tub, you will find that the texture is actually pretty smooth and thin.

USAGE: It is a pretty heavy moisturizer and works great during the winter when my skin is relatively dry.

RATING: 4 Stars :)

3. Mango Whip Body Lotion

#
SCENT: I expected the scent to be exactly like the body butter but unfortunately, it wasn't. The scent was too fruity for me but I noticed that the scent does not linger on the skin so it worked out well.

TEXTURE: It has a liquid-like consistency and it is very easy to apply onto the skin.

USAGE: Best for spring and summer.

RATING: 3 Stars. I did not enjoy this lotion as much as the body butters.

4. Almond Hand & Nail Cream

#
SCENT: A sweet almond scent that smells like a slightly fragrant perfume. The smell isn't the best but it isn't horrible either!

TEXTURE: Almost all the hand creams that I have tried were thick and hard to rub in. But this one is light while still moisturizing without being overly greasy.

USAGE: Works at any time of day! It feels comfortable on my hands and is not greasy so I don't have to worry about the residue getting on my phone, clothes, etc.

RATING: 3.8 Stars 

5. Tea Tree Face Mask 

#
SCENT: It has a strong tea tree scent that at first bothered me, but after about 2 uses I got used to it. 

TEXTURE: Smooth and a little glossy. 

USAGE: I like to use it after I have taken a hot shower so that my face pores have opened up and the mask can work even better! I leave it on for about 10 minutes and wash it off to follow up with a moisturizer. I noticed that my face feels more fresh, clean, and brighter. 

RATING: 4.5 Stars :)

6. Tea Tree Oil Facial Blotting Tissues

#
SCENT: None!

TEXTURE: Very thin sheets

USAGE: Blots very minimal amount of oil. The tea tree aspect does not do anything. 

RATING: 2 Stars

7. Tea Tree Oil

#
SCENT: Strong tea tree scent just like the mask. But the scent disappears after a few minutes

TEXTURE: The consistency is almost like water 

USAGE: After washing my face, I drop a few droplets onto my hand and use a finger to apply to my blemished spots. It takes a minute or so for it to dry. 

RATING: 4.8 Stars :)

The Body Shop has high quality products & I recommend them. I prefer this brand over Bath&Body Works!

2 comments:

  1. I also like body shop way better than bath and body works. I also find them to be a little more 'natural' and have less chemicals!


    AJ | www.TheAJMinutecom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I really like mango and coconut scented things! Their body butter is the best. I've used my sister's before and fell in love. The only not so good product I've gotten from The Body Shop is the liquid foundation. It was a bit cakey, but that's ok. I still love the body butter!

    love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete