Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Look Back: My 18th Birthday


I cant believe I am 18 years old already! Time goes by so fast and it's still a bit hard to believe that I am legal. I remember being excited for my 16th birthday as if it was not too long ago. Wow. Time really does fly! 

Waking up on May 16th with many birthday wishes and extra long messages from my family, friends, and boyfriend made me feel so happy, thankful, and loved. As a matter of fact, I didn't expect that I would receive as many birthday wishes so early in the morning/late at night! I felt so much emotions at once that it was as if I left a palpable ambiance that contained all the thoughts and love that reflected the wishes and messages. 

Yes, it was not an ordinary day BUT what made it extra special were:

1. the end of AP Exams!!! (I took 5 this year so it was arduous. Still manageable, but arduous.)
2. the start of my life as a true senior 
3. the mark that indicates much freedom and free time to come
4. being able to finally hang out with my boyfriend and friends more
5. high school is coming to an end and graduation is just around the corner!
6. senior prom will be here before I know it (This reminds me... I still need to purchase and prepare a few things!)

The moment I walked out of the testing room from taking two AP tests, I felt the greatest rush of air pass by me. I have never in my life felt so relieved!! 

I met my boyfriend shortly after and celebrated my birthday with him. He got me a beautiful Almond colored Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac bag which I love!! We then went to a Mexican restaurant called On the Border Mexican Cafe where we had delicious salsa, chips, and fajitas. This restaurant was right by a mall so we stopped by after as well!



He definitely made my birthday really fun and memorable :)

I was supposed to meet up with my friends to celebrate my 18th birthday with them but unfortunately, due to last minute emergencies, this did not happen and I was pretty down about it. But a close friend still spent the day with me and I met up with another friend who was also having a "bad plan" day! It worked out perfectly because we both had no plans and did not see each other since New Years. 

We went to a local sushi restaurant and then stopped by a popular bakery near by to enjoy cupcakes! 


The following Sunday, my parents, aunt, uncle, sister and brother celebrated Mother's Day, my birthday, my uncle's birthday, and my sister's birthday! This may seem odd but it was because these events were all in one month and everyone's busy schedules didn't allow us to meet every weekend to celebrate each one individually. I was glad to see my uncle and aunt since it had been a while and we all had a great time. 

That Monday, me and my boyfriend went to a restaurant my friend worked at and she surprised me with this gluten free and vegan chocolate cake! She had missed my birthday and decided to surprise me. I was very pleasantly surprised! 



Overall, I had a great birthday experience! I spent much time with family, friends, and my boyfriend and received sweet birthday wishes. But one thing I wish I did was save the messages I read first in the morning to make a collage! You might think this is silly but I view it as a memory I can save. 

Afterall... take a picture and it will last longer right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment